Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Count Your Blessings


The blessing of the Lord be upon you…
Psalm 129:8

I sold my car today.  The agreement was made last Friday, but the transfer and payment happened today.  I have been trying to sell this vehicle since October of last year.  Wintertime, however, is not the correct season to entice someone to purchase a convertible, especially a low-to-the-ground sports car. 

The Lord and I have spent a considerable amount of time over the last few months discussing the need to sell this car.  Not that He was unaware of this, mind you – He knew perfectly well what my requests were.  I, on the other hand, really needed to discuss the issue, sometimes on a daily basis. It was not that I was nagging God to get with it and get my car sold.  It was more like, “please help me to be content with Your timetable instead of mine.”

When the sale finally came, I was ecstatic.  I was bouncing around the office all afternoon with a huge smile on my face.  Somewhere in the celestial heavens, I know God was shaking His head, chuckling at my antics.  I hope there was also a small smile of paternal pride on His face when I gave Him my thanks and praise.  Today wasn’t just my celebration, it was our celebration.  Thanks be to God. 

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment