Wednesday, June 6, 2012

God's Wisdom vs. Your Wisdom

Copyright 2012: singeronthesand

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do,
everywhere you go;
He's the One who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Proverbs 3:5-7 [The Message]

It is amazing how much of life I think I have figured out all by myself.  I credit myself with being fairly intelligent, and as a woman, I'm a bit feisty about independence.  No, I don't need your help - I have it handled quite nicely, thank you very much.  Unfortunately, it is often me, myself, and I that gets consulted when faced with one of life's conundrums, and I only call on God if I can't figure it out myself, or my way goes the wrong way.  How much better just to let God in on the problem at the beginning (as if He doesn't already know - duh!), and request His guidance as I work through the puzzle.  I know that I don't know it all, but sometimes you might not know that I recognize that.

There is a verse in the Bible that says, "There is a way that seems right to a (wo)man, but the end thereof is the way of death."  I really do try and keep that thought in mind.  My vision often tunnels down to fixate on the goal, and I pay no attention to the obstacles that will surely be in my way, or the fact that I might be going totally the wrong way in the first place.  Time and trial has taught me that asking for God's guidance at the beginning and then listening and watching for Him to reveal His hand is a far better course of action than me barreling off on my own. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment