Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Warrior is a Child


God charts the road you take...   Psalm 1:6a [The Message]

The New American Standard translation of this verse is, “for the Lord knows the way of the righteous…”  Am I “the righteous??”

Hmm….I hardly think so. I make far too many gaffes, indiscretions, mistakes…sins[!] to ever feel righteous. But God is, in fact, talking to me; and He is talking to you. So often we have a tendency to feel alone in this world. In our darkest moments, our thoughts often run through the litany of no one listens, no one knows, no one cares. On a human level, that might possibly be true, but God is always there – listening, knowing, and deeply caring. He is keeping a chart of our walk. Think how much easier it would be for Him to make His chart if we were walking beside Him.

The Warrior is a Child
People say that I’m amazing, never face retreat
But they don’t see the enemies that lay me at His feet.
They don’t know that I go running Home when I fall down.
They don’t know who picks me up when no one is around.
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
‘Cause deep inside this armor, the warrior is a child.
-Twila Paris



No comments:

Post a Comment