Friday, February 4, 2011

Abide with Me


Abide with me, fast falls the eventide.
The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide.
  When other helpers fail and comforts flee
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Hear my words, O Lord, I pray,
For my strength has gone away.
I must know that You still care,
That in times of deep despair
I can reach my hand to You
And You’ll be there.
Guide my steps when I can’t see,
Help me learn to trust in Thee.
Be my shelter on the way,
As I struggle toward the day.
For the strength of Your good hand,
Will direct me toward the land.
And the promises You made
Will lead me home.

~ Kevin Winkel

Have I not commanded thee?  Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
Joshua 1:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment