Friday, January 28, 2011

A Needed Journey


Pray without ceasing.
1st Thessalonians 5:17

After I finish teaching at Thomas Dale High School this morning, I will be climbing in my old, trusted jalopy [1995 Corrolla] and heading off to Pittsburg in the rain, sleet and snow.  One of my voice students from Thomas Dale has an audition at Carnegie Mellon University on Sunday morning.  There are supposed to be “snow showers” on Friday and Saturday in Pittsburgh.  Just “light snow,” whatever that is.  Obviously not a great day to travel.

I would appreciate your prayers on my behalf on Friday, your prayers on behalf of the student and his family who are traveling on Saturday, and prayers for all of us as we return to Richmond on Sunday.  It doesn’t appear that the temperature will be above freezing all weekend.  Conditions are definitely not good, but we will trust in the Lord to enable us to arrive safely.  Thank you for your prayers on our behalf.

There will not be a blog on Saturday or Sunday unless I can gain access to a computer in Pittsburgh.  Blessings to you on this wintry weekend.

Sherrie 
God will take care of you,
Through every day, o’er all the way
He will take care of you,
God will take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment