Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving 1

Rose Garden, Ginter Botanical Gardens.  Copyright: 2011 singeronthesand

 
I recently arrived in Stockbridge, MA.  My three daughters and I are on an adventure in New England for the Thanksgiving weekend.  The journey here was peaceful and relatively uneventful until Mother (that would be me) began to argue with the GPS of the driver.    It was not a wise move, and much lively--if agitated--conversation ensued.  In the end, my driver daughter and her GPS were correct, and I needed to chill out.

There was a lesson to be learned here.  Trusting my daughter to do the job she was obviously doing quite well was difficult for me, somehow.  Her careful driving and her GPS had brought us safely and accurately for seven hours.  All of a sudden, she and it were wrong?  It was a classic case of foot in mouth disease, and I was clearly out of line.

At time I have the same difficulty trusting my heavenly Father.  I am so sure that my way is correct, and so very often I am entirely wrong.  Learning to trust is an on-going process for me.  Thankfully, the Lord (and my daughter) have not given up on me yet!   
Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One,
Give thanks because He has given Jesus Christ, His Son.
And now, let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich,
Because of what the Lord has done for us. Give thanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment