Tuesday, August 30, 2011

After the Storm

Fear thou not, for I am with thee,
be not dismayed, for I am thy God.
I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee,
yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10

Last week was an unbelievable week for me.  I experienced my first earthquake, then went through my second hurricane.  I was living here in Virginia when Hurricane Isabel came through in 2003, and now I have been visited by Hurricane Irene.  I wish the stormy ladies would find another area to vacation in.

I am still without power at home, but electrical service was restored this morning at work, so I am able to come here and bask in the air conditioning and utilize the internet.  My poor cats are still trying to understand what in the world is different about home, but hopefully the power will come back on before they overtax their brains.  It has been wonderfully cool at nights, so sleeping has not been a problem.  I lost everything in the fridge/freezer, so have eaten out a lot.  However, with the power on at the church, I can start using the microwave, etc., there.

I know that we have blogged together previously about the Isaiah 41 verse, but it has been a go-to verse for me since my teenage years.  God is very specific here:  I AM WITH YOU - regardless of circumstance, regardless of danger, regardless of anything - God is with us.  He is our God.  He is our Savior, Redeemer, Protector, Providor - our Lord.  I trust in the One who gave His life for me.  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment