Saturday, July 16, 2011

Alleluia!

South Street Seaport, NYC

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are attentive to their prayer.
1 Peter 3:12a

I awakened this morning to a cool, beautiful day – and a beeping cell phone.  I had a message waiting for me – one that absolutely delighted me, and that I was not expecting today:  my daughter traveling/working in West Africa was HOME.  What a wonderful surprise!  I did not realize that the team flew out yesterday and arrived home at 5:00am this morning.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers on their behalf during the team’s two week sojourn in Sierra Leone and Benin.  If I might paraphrase Peter – the eyes of God are on all the peoples of the earth, and He hears all thoughts and prayers sent in His direction.  And we know that …He who promised is faithful. [Hebrews 10:23].  Alleluia!   


No comments:

Post a Comment