Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Genius


Each man has his own gift from God…
1 Corinthians 7:7

Do you know anyone who is a genius?  Webster defines genius, as we think of it, as: great natural ability, strong disposition, great mental capacity, great creative ability.  I think the closest I will ever come to a genius is my own daughter.  She has a mind that works like a computer, a memory like an elephant, and qualified as a member of MENSA, the largest and oldest high I-Q society in the world – within the upper 2% of the general population of the world.  When she was very little, she would stand behind me while I tried to play a game on the computer, winning it in her head long before I either won or gave up.  She is now a statistics teacher, which seems only right.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was a genius extraordinaire.  He was considered a child prodigy, and began composing music when he was five years old [I started singing in public at two, took voice lessons at four, but I certainly wasn’t writing music!!].  He began playing the clavier at three, and the violin at four.  At the age of six, he and his family embarked on a three and a half year concert tour through Europe.  His abilities in performing and composing were astounding.

Mozart has always been my favorite composer, and my favorite composition is Eine Kleine Nachtmusik – A Little Night Music.  Music such as this lifts the spirit and brightens the day.  It is a precious gift from a loving Creator.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment