Saturday, July 2, 2011

Never Alone


Fear thou not, for I am with thee…
Isaiah 41:10

One of my daughters is an auditor with a firm that is contracted to the Federal government.   Tomorrow morning she is leaving for a three week audit in Africa – in two different nations that are less than enthusiastic about Americans.  She is the only woman in a three-person team of auditors.  I am not sure what her level of concern is about this trip, but my concern level is extremely high!

I know that for the next twenty-one days, I will be leaning on the Everlasting Arms, praying that God will encourage her, protect her, and make His presence known on a daily basis during this time of her life.  It would honor me greatly if you would also pray for her during these next three weeks.  Prayer is a powerful force in the hearts of those who know and love the Lord, and believe Him when he says, “Don’t fear – don’t worry – I am here with you.”  This song always reminded me of that fact during the difficult times of my life.  It remains one of my favorites.

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark.
Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone;
You'll never walk alone
~Rodgers & Hammerstein
From Carousel

No comments:

Post a Comment